Monday, March 1, 2010

4 days, 17,000 words

Last week I wrote a stupid little writing prompt that I didn't really want to do.

But then I fell in love with the new character added to an old cast and four days later I have 35 pages, 6 chapters, more than 17,000 words of typed story, a rewrite of my 2008 nanowrimo that didn't have a name.

I know that i'm supposed to be working on The Prequel. I'm also supposed to be cleaning my craft room and, according to what the boyfriend was hassling me about before he left for work, doing the laundry and cleaning the kitchen.

But do I? Nope.

And today's Facebook horoscope was: Follow your mood today. And make no apologies for choosing the less ambitious path

It's not a matter of which path open to me is the most or least ambitious though, its which path has the brightest colors and the most engaging story and right now that is the love affair between Jamie and Petra. All those other characters in that chain of stories that are hooked together mean nothing to me at this moment.

So here's the first chapter, including the bit from the writing prompt with nice revisions and hopefully some brighter word colors. James has gotten into my brain. Everything is color with me these days... http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewshortstory.asp?id=46966

1 comment: