Saturday, February 13, 2010

Writing Prompt 3

Here it is!! Writing Prompt 3. A story about a coffee maker!!

Now, as most of us have figured out by now I'm a sci-fi and fantasy nerd. I grew up on Star Trek, sure, but there was also this British comedy about a spaceship and I think I almost liked more than the Treks. Its the dirty space concept that always drew me more than clean sleek Enterprise. Red Dwarf is the epitome of perfect spaceships in my eyes. And the Firefly class ship Serenity too. I like it when my space men are cowboys.

So, when this coffee prompt caught my eye my first thought was to, of course, give the coffee maker an artificial intellegence. Its not enough to simply give it a bit of consiousness to work with for my writing exercise, but my coffee maker had to be super advanced with a brain and everything. Sci-fi just makes everything better.

And that thought led to Talkie Toaster, a favorite character of Red Dwarf fame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZslRQvv5zM&feature=related

So that's a little rundown of some of my influences in not just writing this coffee prompt, but also my writing in general. and now what we've all been waiting for: the link to writing prompt 3. finally!

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewshortstory.asp?id=46727

now i'm going to watch some tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment