Monday, November 1, 2010

Nanowrimo Day 1

I have not written here in so long, but neither have i written anything else. What with all the sock monkeys I've been making. I've had a cold, and ran errands with a friend, and had a halloween costume to make on all of my days off. besides i've been allowing my writing guts to rest before Nano. but now since i will be writing every day, i will try to write here every day as well... or at least as often i as i do write since i do take days off...

I was not nearly excited as i have been in the 2 previous years, but still ready to do it. I actually started at midnight while i was at work at the end of my shift last night. I wrote two pages.

I got to the coffee place this morning and read those two pages and started over. that's against the rules - i think - but it was all midnight-been-at-work-for-9-hours gibberish and i couldn't figure out how to continue out of the garbage to something new.

But whatever. It is a good story already. I wish i knew more 9 year olds so i would have something to base my very young hero after... I'm planning on rereading the Lemony Snicket books in this next few weeks because i really like the narration style and the narration is going to be a big part of the story...

Even though i'm a few hundred words behind for the day i am not worried. Its just the first day and i'm barely through first introductions.

Best moment of Day One: The wind whipped thunderstorm of a mother, and a peanut butter cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment