Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sleepy Sunday

Sara has finished her revisions, in the way that sara is never actually finished with anything when she says it is. So it's time to let the story stew a while. Do a little marinading, a little simmering. And it's a good thing too, I'm kinda sick of it.

Overwhelmed I'd say, and who'd doubt it after managing to revise the whole damn thing in like 2 weeks.

So for a while I'm going to crochet, and read something that doesnt kill brain cells, and maybe, finally, finish cleaning my craft room.

And do my Wednesday writing prompts. Those, though I've only done one week, I really like. And yesterday when I was at work, on a horrid call (it is incredibly rude to eat while you're on the phone with someone. don't do it.) i wrote this little sentence that so perfectly indicated my disgust that I made myself to write 2 or 3 more. I figured if I could write things that gross me out so well that I actually get grossed out reading it, that would be good practice for descriptive writing now wouldn't it?

Mouth sounds -

the hollow wet sound of a sucker being moved fromone cheek to another, clattering over teeth and followed by a slurpy swallow.

Wet Hair -

The knot of twisty brown in the drain after a shower, still wet and speckled with bursting soapsuds. You can't quite grab it and it slips when you pull.

The smell of Vanilla (and coconut) -

The heavy thick shade of yellow I can't begin to describe. One cloying fist clenches the stomach while the other turns my brain 3 degrees to the right.

*shiver*

i'm never doing that again. i gotta go puke a little bit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment